Dr. Suresh Raju is an Associate Professor in the Department of Aerospace Engineering, Wichita State University. Dr. Raju's interests include damage tolerance of sandwich structures, rate sensitivity of composite materials and fatigue of fastener joints. Dr. Raju has been involved with the experimental investigation rate sensitivity of composite materials for crashworthiness applications. Dr. Raju received his B.B. in Mechanical Engineering from Bangalore University, India and PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Wichita State University.
Composite Manufacturing Technology Safety Awareness Badge 2
This course educates the students on the issues related to raw material manufacturing, their transport, incoming quality control and storage of composite materials. The preparation of tooling, cutting of composite preforms, layup and bagging of composite parts, and curing are discussed in detail . The use of procurement specifications and process control documents are emphasized in this course.
Prerequisites: AE 770BA
Upon completion of the badge students will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of different constituent forms, manufacturing processes of the individual constituents of composites as well as the composite forms.
- Recognize the relationship between the quality of raw materials on the quality of the resulting composite structure
- Explain the importance of managing transport, incoming quality control and storage of composite materials.
- Describe the technical aspects of tool preparation, cutting, layup, bagging and their implications on quality of final parts.
- List the factors affecting the curing of composites and explain the effects of processing parameters on the resulting structural properties of composite parts.
Success in this 0.5 credit hour course is based on the expectation that students will spend, for each unit of credit, a minimum of 7.5 hours over the length of the course in direct instruction as provided by the instructor and an additional 15 hours outside of class reading, reflecting, and evaluating the topics for a total of 22.5 hours.
Grading Scale: Badge/No Badge
Evaluation: 100% completion of badge criteria
|16259||AE 770BB||Fall 2017|
This badge is offered for Graduate credit only.
Step 1- Complete the badge form.
Upon receipt of the badge form, a representative from Wichita State University will contact you to assist you with the Admission and Enrollment process.